Monday 24 January 2011

"I depart, Whither I know not; but the hour's gone by/ When Albion's lessening shores could grieve or glad mine eye."

In the little dreamworld I find myself in, I always think it would be so fabulous to travel somewhere on my own. Of course, in this dreamworld it involves me looking like a model, wearing a fur coat, carrying around vintage Louis Vuitton luggage, staying in amazing hotels, and it's generally circa 1946...Slightly different from your typical student holiday, but whatevs, it's my dreamworld, my rules. This shoot pretty much sums up my somewhat idealised trip. One thing I absolutely love is when fashion shoots tell a story, and this one definitely does. It's like looking at film stills from an old 50s movie, and you kind of just want to know her story. To me, it's perfect. Much  more my kind of holiday than going interrailing, that's for sure...









Pretentious title quote is Byron, sorry about that...

Editorial: 'Comme Deauville', Jalouse Magazine, Model: Ashley Smith, Photographer: Edouard Plongeon

(imageamplified.com)

1 comment:

Marissa said...

nice...that sounds like my kind of holiday too :).

Girl Meets Handbag