Monday 10 January 2011

ROMA

So I'm back from Rome. Ok, well I was actually back on Friday night but I needed the weekend to read the new Vogue, natch. It was fabulous - Rome, that is. We stayed a stone's throw from the Piazza del Popolo which is beautiful, and the Spanish Steps, like 3 minutes from Gregory Peck's apartment in Roman Holiday - I mean, so chic - and our hotel was nestled amidst the likes of Chanel, Chopard, Giuseppe Zanotti, Belstaff. Pretty much ticked all the boxes for me for my first trip to Rome. One thing I was vaguely disappointed with, however, was the shortage of well-dressed Italians, you know, the type you see on The Sartorialist? I only saw a handful of men in impeccably-cut suits with cashmere scarves on Vespas...hm, not happy. The prevaling trend seemed to be puffa jacket, no jokes. Long and short, shiny and matte, metallic or brightly coloured, they were EVERYWHERE. So much so that it was actually weird, it was as though they were compulsory... But hey, it was cold, maybe I should revisit in the spring when everyone has hopefully thrown away the beasts. Anyway, here are a few photos of Rome taken by the family, I chose not to include any of the masses wearing puffa jackets, this is a fashion blog after all...












Because you just have to wear sunnies in the drizzle in January at the Colosseum...


No comments: